THE ENFORCER'S NOTEBOOK

BEING UNDERCOVER IS EMPOWERING IN SO MANY WAYS, COME LET ME SHOW YOU

Image

 

 

 

Friday, September 21, 2007

All we can do...

Like everyone, I have my highs and lows. I'm alone a lot, but generally not lonely. I get tired of being alone sometimes, but at least I'm happy. I was watching TV last night- one of those hour dramas, and most of the last minutes or so they kept playing this song. Now I'm not up on current music. I mostly listen to classic (to me) stuff. Things I know by heart, and can sing all the lyrics to. So I have no idea who was singing this song on TV. I don't know if it is a "real" song, or if it was just written for the show. And I don't know if it had words. Well, other than the line that kept playing over and over. I don't even know how long the music played. I just know that all of a sudden I was singing the line over and over in my head as it played on TV. And it got me to thinking...

"All you can do is keep breathing... All you can do is keep breathing.."

And that got me to thinking. Most of life we have little control over. We can work hard, and hopefully be successful. Hard work is a choice. We can be happy, or we can be lonely and miserable. That, too, is a choice. We can love- people, things, places. And love is also a choice. Our choices may determine our fate, but we'll never know what "might have been." So when you get right down to it, all we CAN do is keep breathing. And for some reason, that thought soothes me. Life is going to happen, we just have to sit back and let it... and keep breathing!

Thanks for all of the comments for my post yesterday! I think I might try that again.

Image

1 Comments:

Blogger Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

Funny, this is stuff I'm looking for. If I get to the post I mentioned, read it. You'll get cited...

September 22, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home